The Founder Showcase is a 100% free pitch competition in Silicon Valley, which is attended by over 400 investors, founders, and press.
Now in its 15th edition, we are proud to announce that previous Founder Showcase Contestants have now raised over $130 million. Past contestants include companies like Udemy, Relay Rides, Thumbtack, Kaggle, and many more. See our Founder Showcase Hall of Fame here.
APPLICATIONS TO THE FREE PITCH COMPETITION ENDED ON APRIL 13TH, 2014
Applying to the Pitch Competition is Easy:
- Create a video of your pitch. Don’t freak out – this is a seed-stage startup competition, so non-professional videos work just fine (ex. webcam of you talking, or a video of you pitching your business elsewhere). There are no tight requirements on the video, but we recommend staying under 3 minutes long.
- Submit your video and application ASAP. The application deadline is Sunday, April 13th at 11:59pm PDT, but the sooner you apply, the more time you have to gather votes. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for your submitted entry to be published online.
- Collect as many votes as possible by the voting deadline on Friday, April 18th at 5:00pm PDT. Use the hashtag #FounderShowcase in your posts, and send them to the voting page here.
Winner Selection Process
The Founder Showcase Champion is selected as follows:
Before the Event
- Online public voting that takes place prior to the voting deadline on April 18th will play a major, BUT NOT SOLE, part in deciding the 15 companies who advance to the Quarterfinal Round of the Competition. We take pride in showing the most promising seed-stage technology companies at the Founder Showcase – so we reserve a level of internal judgement, as we are trying to find companies that have the best chance to compete on stage at our event in front of Silicon Valley investors. All contestants will be privately notified of the results no later than Saturday, April 19th.
- Over the next two weeks, the Quarterfinalists will undergo phone and video evaluation and be narrowed down to 10 Semifinalists, and then to the 6 Finalists who are invited to attend and pitch at the event for free. The Finalists will be selected no later than May 5th, 2014.
At the Event
- The 6 Finalists square off on stage to determine the Showcase Champion.
- There are two rounds of three 3-minute company presentations; Round One, and Round Two. The order by which the companies present is selected at random prior to the event.
- After each presentation, the Judging Panel, featuring leading CEOs and investors, rates and critiques the pitch for the audience’s consideration.
- After the Round One presentations are complete, the judging panel and audience select that round’s winner by digital open ballot. This process is repeated for the Round Two presentations.
- The winners of Round One and Round Two – the “Final Two” – advance to the “Showcase Showdown.”
- The Showcase Showdown pits the Final Two in a lightning round where they answer quick questions from the members of the Judging Panel.
- The Founder Showcase Champion is determined by an on-stage majority vote of the Judging Panel.
What Can I Win?
The Runner-Up will receive
- Prizes TBD
The Grand Prize Winner will receive
- $2500 on the spot
- More Prizes TBD